Thursday, April 26, 2012

Technology Thursday: Fable 3 Review

Fable has to be one of my favorite series of games so far. If you love Fable then Fable 3 was probably a lot to get use to. If you haven’t played 3 yet… I will ask you this, do you want the good news or the bad news first?
Bad news? Okay. To start, after all the time this game has been out I still want the old handling of the weapons and magic. In 3 I just feel like a “button smasher” and I hardly put any thought into fighting. You’re also not REALLY magical…you have some sort of “Iron Man” like glove. Very disappointing. I can also honestly say that I miss the foul mouthed gargoyles. They give the knomes a run for their money that's for sure. When it comes to your armor it doesn’t even matter anymore. I wouldn’t even consider it armor, just clothes. And last but most definitely not least, I can assure you that you will NOT look as bad ass with the wings! What happen to the crazy scars, halo, and horns? I want to sparkle and look God like when I’m good! I want flies around me and children running from me when I’m evil!
Now for the good news! You have your dog who is as helpful as ever. You can interact with other characters and dog more than ever. (Maybe even too much?) Although the fighting my seem like button smashing at times, if you put your enemy in the right places (such as near fences, ledges, walls) you can do some pretty impressive combos. That along with the slow motion effect make fighting much more interesting. Unlocking chests is actually useful and a huge part of the game. Getting new skills depends on it. Although the clothing really doesn’t mean anything, if you like customizing then this is definitely the Fable for you. There are more hair styles, clothing options, and colors than need be. And it can become quite the time waster. Doing jobs to make money had become much harder but the jobs have become more fun. My suggestion is to just by houses and hike the rent up. So long as you don’t mind being evil for awhile until you get enough cash. As for the story line….I do like it. It can’t be compared to Fable 1 and 2, but none the less it has it’s own twist and you can pretty much control the entire city if you know what you’re doing.
If you like Fable 1 and 2 I highly suggest 3 now that the price has gone down some. Would I spend the original $50 on it again? Probably not. Will I still play the next Fable once it comes out? Most definitely. So what do you guys think? Did you like the game or hate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment