Sunday, September 9, 2012

Skyrim Hearthfire Review


Most people weren't too stoked to hear about this new update. I on the other hand couldn't wait. I was the kid who grew up playing Sims since day one. I had them all and my houses were fantastical. I'm also a woman... so what else would I rather spend my time doing than decorating a house right?
When I first downloaded it I was a bit confused. Nothing was different. So thanks to Google I (others) figured it out. I bought my land and was good to go. But now what? Now what is right! I was annoyed. You basically have to go on a wild man hunt to find the supplies to build your house. I spent 400 point for this? But after putting more time into I was happy. It helped me gain more levels and discover new towns. I was at the point in the game where I was saying to myself, "what the fuck is left to do!?" So I downloaded Hearthfire in hopes it would give me more things to do. You bet it did.
Before this expansion I didn't even pick up an axe in the game let alone use one. There was no point. But if you want to build your house fast without spending all your coin then you better start swinging that shit.
It also got me to walk around more. I'm a fast traveling machine when it comes to this game. If I don't have to walk I'm not walking. I know.... it's stupid, there are so many things to be seen. I just get antsy. And more walking means more bad guys to kill. Which is mostly why I've leveled up so fast lately.
Mainly I think it just adds to the game. If you bought it and hate it just tough it out. I think it's so aggravating in the beginning because you have no idea whats going on or what to do. I lost my house about eight times before I realized it was on the map. Seriously.... I thought I was never going to find it again. Just be patient and play the game for what it is.

If you've been playing for a while and are still having trouble this guy's tutorials helped me out a lot.
http://www.rarityguide.com/articles/categories/Modern-Games/Game-Guides/

No comments:

Post a Comment