Monday, October 15, 2012

5 Games To Toss!

A few weeks a go I wrote about 10 games you should buy, play, and keep forever. Though I've realized there are more games I would rather throw in a fire than games I would save from one. It's pretty easy to impress me with a video game. These are the top 5 games I wish I saved my money on.

1. De Blob: The best way to describe this game is that you are an exterior building painter. Except you aren't getting paid. In any form. Not even in entertainment.

2. F.E.A.R: I'm sorry..... it just scares the shit out of me.

3. Harry Potter: Any of them. Go ahead and pick. The movies are great. The books are fucking fantastic. The games.... I'd rather fly on a broom stick strait to Hell. The concept of the games are very simple and do not require too much thought. If you have younger kids it might be a good buy, but I wouldn't waste my money on a game that asks you to match the buttons on the screen to the buttons on the controller. Thanks for making sure I know what my shapes are tho.

4. The Walking Dead: I was highly disappointed in this game. This was a game that I was counting down the days to buy. When the first chapter finally came out I bought it the very same day. I was stoked that someone finally made a comic book style game. It's something I personally always wanted to do. Then I played it...... The graphics are pretty damn cool don't get me wrong, but I wish there wasn't so much talking in it. I would hardly call it a video game. It's more of an interactive story. I might as well just stick with the comic books.

5. Black Ops: WAIT! What!? This is one of the most popular games of the century. Yeah, I know. And I get it. It's a fantastic game that I could spend countless hours on. So why is it on this list? Well, simply because I'm sick of playing online with 12 year old trash talkers. So it makes the list. Go ahead... hate me for it.

3 comments:

  1. I liked Walking Dead. The thing they messed up on was trying too hard to straddle the line between a movie and a game. It should have been more similar to the oldschool Dragon's Lair game than anything.

    When the game shined is when it felt like interactive cinema. When it came to a screeching halt is when I had to break from the action to figure out some ridiculous pillow/sparkplug puzzle nonsense. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 100%! I loved the art to it and the idea but it was too slow moving. Have you played the ending yet? Sooooo sad!!!!

      Delete
  2. A few weeks a go I wizardry gold wrote about 10 games you should buy, play, and keep forever. Though I've realized there are more games I would rather throw in a fire than games I would save from one. It's pretty easy to impress me with a video game. Darkfall Unholy Wars Gold These are the top 5 games I wish I saved my money on.

    ReplyDelete